Toronto Streets Charts Webapp Contest
In this contest your mission is to display a chart of how much revenue each street in Toronto collected via parking ticket violations from Jan 1 2012 to Jan 3 2012.
Here is a CSV file containing data of all parking tickets issued in Toronto from Jan 1 2012 to Jan 3 2012. This is actual data taken from the Toronto Open Data website.
You can include the CSV file in your project by creating a file of the same name and copy-pasting the contents into your new file. ( For better readability, you can open the CSV file in Excel too. )
Also, here is a readme file that contains info on the metadata provided in the CSV. You can use this file as a reference to better understand the data in the CSV.
Your job is to parse the data and display a chart representing the streets in a graphical manner.
You can display the data in any type of chart you want. ( barchart, pie-chart, 3D chart, ..)
The more good-looking the chart the better!
All the best!
How to Enter:
ii) Code and test your webapp to ensure it works.
iii) Choose "Toronto Streets Charts Webapp Contest" as the contest name while making your project public.
Entries will be judged on the basis of accuracy, originality and sophistication of the chart.
- All entries must be the the original work of the contestant (that's you).
- Make sure you have updated your profile with valid details (name, email-id, country and profile picture) before taking part in this contest.
- Contest ends January 15th 11:59 PM PST
All the best!
Thank you very much for your submissions!
We are pleased to announce the winners of this contest:
- Toronto Streets Charts Webapp Contest by spicydog
- Toronto Streets Charts Webapp Contest > Data Cruncher(1.0) by ruanprgm
- TorontoWebAppContest by karuna
Hearty congratulations to the winners!
You have been entered into the Programmr Hall of Fame and your prizes are on their way!